1. Give doonas, blankets, under blankets and pillows a regular three hours in the sun.
2. Vacuum, turn over and air mattresses regularly.
3. Luggage can develop mouldy patches. Wipe over with white vinegar, leave in sunshine for three hours, and finish with a spray of eucalyptus oil.
4. Wipe over the leaves of indoor plants regularly using a damp cloth, and remove dead or diseased leaves. Turn over the soil every week or so. If mildew is a problem on the leaves of indoor plants, wipe over the leaves with camomile tea or use a milk spray.
5. Clean around the vents of your air-conditioner; fix leaking pipes and dripping taps; let your cleaning reached to the top of blinds and high window sills; avoid antique furniture; and clean up under sinks and wipe around window frames.
6. Clean your shower curtain by adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil to a cup of very hot water and then wipe over. Eucalyptus oil can be used throughout the bathroom and whenever there is a mould problem.
7. Wipe over the inside of your refrigerator regularly with white vinegar. Eucalyptus oil sprayed along door seals will help prevent mould and mildew developing.
Tomorrow I’ll tell you of the arrangement we have in our house regarding the cleaning of the wet areas, as it’s these areas that pose the greatest problem regarding mildew and mould